Tuesday, September 8, 2009

How Faith works in our daily lives!

Faith is believing in something while operating in the unknown. It is really turning our lives over to God and believing that He will do what He says He will do. We encounter incidents involving faith and experiences were our faith is tested daily. We need to build our faith to the point were we exercise it in every situation and on every occasion.

Hebrews 11:1-3 Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. Through their faith, the people in days of old earned a good reputation. By faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at God's command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen.

Galations 3:11 So it is clear that no one can be made right with God by trying to keep the law. For the Scriptures say, "It is through faith that a righteous person has life."

2 Corinthians 4:18 So we don't look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.

2 Corinthians 5:7 For we live by believing and not by seeing.

There are so many passages in the Scriptures were faith is needed, required, used, neglected, and prayed for, forgotten, and sought after. God is always listening! Are we asking? He is Omnipresent, are we actually seeking Him out?

You see, the problems will always come and go, its how we handle those problems that truly matters, not what type of problems come our way. We will always need God, but will we admit this and do something about it? We must put God at the forefront of our daily lives. We have to or we will run into problems that we are unable to handle. We will be faced with decisions which we will be unable to make. We have so many issues arise from our failure to acknowledge and believe in God!

I spent the first 28 years of my life doing things my way. I was my own boss and no one was going to change this. I did not realize that I was digging my grave deeper and deeper and deeper by the day. I refused to admit I had problems and this only caused more problems. I am a very proud and stubborn person by nature and family background. This only intensified my belief that I didn't need anyone but me making decisions in my life. My pride led to more pride and my chest puffed up to the point of popping!

Only after receiving God back into my life did I decide that this pride needed to go. I dropped my act of toughness and stubborn ways. I had to give all my problems to God. Once I did this, my life completely changed. It changed in ways which I cannot explain but it was good, very good. You see, once you let God take control of your life, you don't have the pain anymore. Your life takes a turn for the better and you begin to notice little changes take place which were once insignificant but are now important. You feel a peace come over you that wasn't there before. You have a general feeling of being free!

Don't make the mistake of thinking that all your problems are gone and you will live a spotless life filled with constant happiness and no more pain. There will be the same issues, you will feel the same pain, and you will face the same difficulties. But, you will have God, who cares for you and loves you, and the Holy Spirit, who guides and directs your words and actions. You will begin to notice changes in your attitude and changes in people around. You will be a different person with a purpose now. You will have a constant Friend who will never leave or abandon you, God. Your general quality of life will get better and your approach to daily issues and problems will be more mature and responsible. This is just a few things about your life that will improve when you let God take control.

Try it out! Let God run you instead of you running you! It works!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is welcomed...Feel free to post your comments!