Thursday, February 11, 2010

Compromise.......Satan's vice!

Why have we compromised our first love? Why are we content with second best when it comes to our faith? Why?

There was a time when we possessed a faith. We had a love. We called out to the Father, our God in times of distress. Now, it seems, we curse Him for everything bad that happens in our lives and fail to exalt Him and recognize when He blesses us with good things in our lives. We have traded faith for facts.....Praise for proof..........Worship of our Creator for worship of self!

This is so evident in the way we live. This is made so clear by the fruits of our labor. We work so hard for material gain, only to lose everything in earthly death. We try so hard to "buy" our ticket to our idea of an afterlife with good works and loose words, all very meaningless when contested in truth! We constantly curse ourselves by the very words that come out of our mouths. Back when I was working, when asked how my day was going, I would respond, "Same old stuff, different day." Did I actually expect something to change with those condemning words? Did I really want something different if I constantly verbalized failure and lived it out? At that time, I didn't realize that I was actually creating my own failed future. I was making my own destiny and setting myself up for absolute failure. I didn't understand the power of words. I didn't know that words, when spoken, turn into actions.

God spoke life into the world. By His Word, we were brought into existence. God also made man in the image of Himself. Therefore, we have similar characteristics and abilities. We have the ability to speak healing, and restoration. Jesus gave us this ability before leaving to be with the Father. An Advocate, the Holy Spirit, was left with us to guide and influence us. But, we were given the powers and abilities to perform miracles in the name of Jesus Christ. So what then becomes of us who are not of the faith? Those of us who don't use these powers? We still have these powers and abilities available, as we all are entitled to blessings from God, but if we do not believe in Jesus and the power of God, if we do not profess that Jesus died for our sins, then we cannot know how to utilize these powers and abilities. We simply never get the opportunity and privilege of experiencing the awesome and wonderful feeling of using the power of the Holy Spirit in the name of Jesus Christ. We never get to activate these abilities because we are ignorant of their awesome capabilities.

Miracles are real. The Power of Jesus Christ to heal, mend, restore, and much more is very real. I have already witnessed or received so much healing and restoration in my own life as I know so many of us have. I am speaking to those out there who might be feeling a little abandoned or a little confused because something in their life is not going as they had hoped for. Don't give up, never quit. Never say never either! Do not compromise your life any longer. You have so many blessings in store for you already. God has an awesome journey ahead for you. You have so many more experiences to go through. Your knowledge will never peak and your wisdom will not see an end. Don't give up! Don't throw in the towel just because you have been disappointed. Put your stock in God, not man. Proverbs 25:19 "Confidence in an unfaithful man in time of trouble is like a broken tooth and a foot out of joint!" (KJV)

I have noticed that when I begin to think I have everything in control and my life is doing well because I am doing good, that is when I fall back down and realize that I am losing sight of the goal, to get closer to God daily. It is when I think I have it all together that I fall on my tail again. I also notice that when I begin to lean too much on other people that I get disappointed and let down. We are mere humans, created in the image of God yes, but born into sin. Therefore, this is the biggest reason that we absolutely need God carry us to the finish line. Jesus Christ told us to cast all of our cares on Him, and that His burden is light and His yoke easy. It is because of this victory in Jesus and only because of this victory that we are able to have lives of fulfillment and purpose. We are only able to be strong through His weakness. He bore our sins; He took our burdens on Himself and freed us from the eternal damnation of death. He broke the grasp that death had on us and provided us with an exit strategy, a plan B.

We must understand that it was our own selfish nature that traded God's grace for logical reasoning. It was mankind who thought that we needed a reason or tangible proof of His existence in order to believe in Him and put our trust in Him. But, what did we have before? Were we really better off before Jesus came along and provided us salvation through grace? Could we save ourselves from the aweful and terrifying grasp of death? Did we have a solution to disease, and pain, and failure, and all the other terrible things that Satan used to hold us hostage? No! Period!

May God bless everyone and bring all of us to an understanding that we all so desperately need and desire. May we be content with His best and only be concerned about living for Him in everything we do and with everyone we encounter in our faith-walk with Him. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is welcomed...Feel free to post your comments!