Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Eternal Life!

John Tillotson said-"He who provides for this life, but takes no care for eternity, is wise for a moment, but a fool forever!"

If we live for the moment and take life at face value, are we truly living at all? I was raised with the ideals of a Christian but lacked any knowledge or tangible proof of God to provide a benchmark for my own personal faith. This failure to provide a basis for something in which to logically believe in by my parents caused the next twenty or so years of my life confusion and much personal inner turmoil. A spiritual battle ground in my soul with no formulated defense plan or developed attack course. A constant and very real fear lingering around the corner with every experience I went through or put myself through. I was "spiritually void" in not so many words. The intent of my parents ideoligies were good, but the perception of God and His awesome grace and love was not yet understood by me personally. I had no real understanding of God's intent for each of us, His children, and didn’t even realize that I was capable of receiving unlimited blessings and purpose for my life through His love as our ultimate and only real Father. I didn't seek Him out. Draw near to God and He draws near to you.

I spent the first part of my life in confusion, guilt, resentment, anger, hopelessness.............SIN! I became so accustomed to sinning that it became second nature to me. I sinned daily. I lived for the day, even the minute at times depending on which way the wind was blowing. I look back and realize the actual amount of sins I committed and it brings me to my knees every time. I realized that I had no plan for what I would do if I died or where I would go when my life on earth was complete. I had no idea of what eternity was or how awesome it is when spent with Jesus Christ and the Father. Most importantly, I did not truly know how to obtain eternal life. I have since received the wonderful grace God extends to us all, but you occassionally have a tendency to look back at your past in hindsight, mine was shameful. When I have occasional "flashbacks" or memories, I claim my victory through Jesus Christ and switch my mind into Christ like mode, thereby taking those negative and destructive memories and thoughts captive. I augment this technique with reading and meditating on God's Word and prayer.

I cannot, however, stop thinking about how much I love my Creator, the Lord God Almighty, nor do I want to..........I have learned so much in the way of positive thinking with the very real help of the Holy Spirit. Our lives are so fragile and if we do not "handle them with care" we will fall and break into pieces. We must come to a mature mode of thinking, a holy mindset which is God-oriented and Covenant binded. We must surround ourselves with love, love of God first, then love of each other. We must continue to stay vigilant, always anticipating Satan but not dwelling on his weapon called fear. I continually think of God's awesome and loving nature thereby avoiding falling victim to my own sinful nature. If I am not constructively building my spiritual defenses, I risk falling back into my former sinful nature, as I believe we all risk. Flee from the devil and he will flee from you.


Have you ever noticed how a closet closed is completely dark inside, however, when you open the door, light floods in and takes over the darkness turning it into light. The same idea applies to our minds and what is filling them. Without constant spiritual stimulation, or our minds become filled with doubt and fear. They become stagnate. Make no mistake, Satan cares about every person on earth. He cares about taking you away from the Father and creating his own version of what he wants us to be. He distorts the truth and only cares about convincing us that we don’t need God. We do, for if we don’t have God in our lives, then we will eventually find sure death. Remember, the greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing man he doesn't exist. If we are not ready for an attack, we cannot fight it off when it comes. Only believing in Jesus Christ as our Savior and allowing God to guide and protect us will lead to everlasting life, eternal love, and peace with security. What a feeling............To see Jesus, to be by Him! To be able to partake in the Glory of God makes my adrenaline peek. I am truly stimulated when I am filled with the Holy Spirit and Christlike thoughts.  

Romans 10:11 The Scripture says, No man who believes in Him [who adheres to, relies on, and trusts in Him] will [ever] be put to shame or be disappointed. (taken from the Amplified Bible) We must constantly believe in God and His capabilities and not our own. This is love. This is wisdom. This is LIFE! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is welcomed...Feel free to post your comments!