Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Do not worry and pray about everything!

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done." (NLT)




"For I will never leave you nor forsake you." (NKJV)



These are soothing passages of scripture to read. They invoke a general feeling of wellbeing. Just to hear them spoken brings comfort. But is it really that easy? Can we truly NOT worry about anything? Isn't it natural to worry sometimes?



All questions needing answers. All valid points to ponder. How could Paul, a person who had been shipwrecked, beaten, bitten [deadly snake], stoned, imprisoned, denied, mocked, and much more be so positive in his outlook on life's biggest temptation? The temptation to worry is so readily available to the average person that it is almost accepted as a norm in our society and culture. If we are not stressing about something, we find something to stress about. It seems if we are stressing about something, we are in our comfort zone. And the typical solution to stress is more stress. We constantly go against the grain because we are accustomed to feeling "blue." There are more songs written about being blue than anything else. We complain to our doctor "Why am I so stressed out all the time?" Then we walk out the office and begin stressing ourselves out all over again. Stress is the number one killer in America today. This statistic probably parallels in other nations as well. Our solution to stress is talking to a $200 an hour shrink which only secures their paycheck and is the equivalent of buying an ear for an hour, or going to the Chiropractor who is equally costly with not much more of an effect. The other solution is to start taking "anti-depression", "anti-anxiety', or "anti-stress" medications which only complicates the root issue by causing other health problems. Now we are stressed, hooked on meds, and worse off more now than ever! The last resort to "fixing" stress on our own is suicide. A very sad reality which has become rampant in our society today.



So what is to say about stress then? Have you ever seen those commercials on television about the anti-depression medications? A person looking like dog in the rain with a monotone narration in the background talking about how you feel hopeless all the time. The commercial itself is enough to make one take one's life. I thought it was supposed to pitch ANTI-depression medication, not DEPRESSION medication! What a sad state of mind to always be surrounded by so much stress and be battling it ourselves.



Do you know that hopelessness is Satan's number one vice in his battle for your soul? He would like nothing better than for you to feel hopeless and alone without any chance of improving your condition. It is his number one goal to bring you so low that you take others down with you or take your own life. Just your negative ora alone could cause so many others damage. Think of the domino effect. That is the kind of result that feeling worried all the time causes. He makes us think that there is no way out or the opposite, which is even more tragic. If he can separate us from God using worry as his angle, then he thinks he has won that battle against the Almighty. This, as we well know, is false. It is a big lie! But isn't that how he operates?



Mission...Your soul!



Plan...Make you feel hopeless!



Weapons...Feelings of hopelessness, anxiety, depression, fear, SUICIDE!



Mode of Attack...Bombard your soul with hopelessness, attack you body with sickness, and take your life!



Success Rate...Good!



That is how Satan operates. How he manipulates your own mind against you. How he thinks he will win. Oh, how he is so wrong!



For years I have struggled with depression, anxiety, PTSD, and more. All the medications, treatment, counseling. Although some of it helped to its credit, not one of those solutions brought me out of it. It just taught me how to deal with it. How to accept it. How to integrate it effectively into my life and live with it. It masked the real problem while solving nothing. But it was still there. Some days were bad, others better, and very few actually good. The more I thought about it the more it became my crutch. The more I attempted to fix it the more it became a problem. It became consuming. Like a fire burning everything in its way. It was destructive. It bled over into my family life affecting my loved ones. I didn't like it but I couldn't stop it. I reached my rock bottom almost daily. Why? Why? Why?



Then something happened. I was having my second set of three more surgeries on my back making my back surgery total five. I have had other medical surgeries, twelve total in my short 29 years of life. I have been in and out of doctor’s offices and hospitals since my childhood, so this was nothing new. But, it was unique because it just so happened that during these last three surgery series, my wife informed me she wanted a divorce. This devastated me as I was a family man since 19 years old when I married her to one house, two cars, a dog, two children, and a lot of debt later. All of it hit me at once. And it hit me hard. I had nowhere else to turn, no more tears to cry. So, I did something that changed my life forever more and I will never be the same for it. I cried out to God. I ask Him to have pity on me and find it in His heart to forgive me my sins so I could start over. I didn't really know the what, why, where, when, and how’s of Christianity but I was determined to do something about my situation. The alternative hadn't improved my life enough to justify not trying God.



Since that hour, my life changed for the better. I began to receive miracle after miracle. Blessing after blessing. The more I got of Him the more I wanted. My problems didn't change, my outlook on life did. God changed my whole view of life as I had known it. I gave Him a complaining broken spirit. He gave me a new happy mindset. I gave Him a rattled body. He gave me a method for handling it. Do you see the relationship? You give, He gives. Why do you think He talks so much on giving in His Word? Why so many passages on surrendering? Because, we can only begin to notice real change when we completely surrender to Him. Let me be clear! He WILL change your life and work in ways which will leave you scratching your head and thanking Him at the same time. He does work in mysterious ways, but that is His style. We don't need to know the details. Just buckle yourself in and hang on because I can guarantee you will have the rollercoaster ride of your life. But, it is the best life you will ever have. It will be the best life because it will be what He wants for you, not what you want for you.



So, I conclude, it is easy to not worry about anything and it is good to pray about everything. Prayer is simply communication with God. And, brothers and sisters, nothing pleases Him more than communicating with His children. Prayer moves mountains and heals broken spirits. But, God fixes everything. Selah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is welcomed...Feel free to post your comments!